A real yule goat
The yule goat with its two horns has a clean design.
A4 or A5 provides good sizes. Use somewhat thick and rustique paper with matching front and back. Moist paper is good, e.g. right after two colours have been glued together.
See also fold of the week 2007-48.
1. Orange cardboard in A4.
2. Red paper glued to the backside.
3. Fold softly, mark sharply towards the ends.
4. Unfold. Fold the corner halfway in.
5. Repeat with the other corner.
8. Fold in aligned with the marks.
10. ...so 1/3 of the end protudes as a tail.
14. Fold corner in to align with existing creases.
16. Push the sides in the end inwards...
17. ...and the tail will swip into place. Note that the narrow end is outermost.
21. Slanted fold from the mark orthogonally above.
23. And make outside reverse fold.
28. And push flat outwards.
32. And push flat outwards.
33. Open the center and mark the fold.
36. Open center and mark fold to the other side.
37. Now open center and fold to both sides, the head swivels down.
38. Assemble the tail again, finished.